Dear International Students of University of Sopron,
You have probably heard or read by now that the Hungarian Government is imposing curfew restrictions between March 28 and April 11, which means that you must not leave your place of residence/place of stay, except for work, basic necessities and well-founded reasons, which are the following (according to the Government Decision No 71/2020 (III.27.):
- using health-care services, which includes both physical and mental health services (e.g. psychotherapy, physiotherapy)
- individual leisure sports activities, walking in the open air, and in the cities, preferably in green spaces, carried out alone or with the members of the same household, maintaining a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from others
- taking care of pets eg. taking them for walks in public spaces, taking them to the vet
- administration requiring personal appearance, including government, banking, financial, insurance and postal services ONLY if personal appearance is absolutely necessary
- taking care of vulnerable persons (the sick, the elderly or children)
- getting married or holding a funeral ceremony in a tight family circle
- religious activities (except visiting places of public worship)
Extended stay in restaurants, bars, pubs, fast food outlets or any other such catering establishments is forbidden. However, it is allowed to order take-outs in person or with delivery.
Groceries, pharmacies, markets, pet food stores, gas stations, tobacco stores, beauty salons, vehicle repair services and drugstores are allowed to be visited. People over the age of 65 can only visit these places between 9AM and 12PM, but anyone under 65 must not visit these facilities during this time.
In public places (public transport included), please keep a distance of 1,5 meters from everyone.
Failure to comply with the above shall be considered a violation by the Government, therefore please pay special attention to follow these measures.
Thank you for your cooperation and we wish you good health!
Staff of Vice-Rector's Office for Research and International Relations
University of Sopron
Source: E-mail message written by Tempus Public Foundation Study in Hungary Unit to inform Stipendium Hungaricum students, altered slightly by the Vice-Rector's Office to inform all international students.